The Liveability Challenge is a global platform that hunts for and accelerates the launch of innovative solutions to urban challenges of the 21st century in cities in the tropics. Offering Asia's biggest prize for sustainability solutions, and the only platform seeking ideas for cities in the world's tropical belt, The Liveability Challenge is a key highlight in Singapore's calendar of sustainability events.
Between 15 January and 15 April 2021, the Challenge is calling for solutions that will help cities accelerate Decarbonisation and Re-imagining Resources. Finalists will pitch their solutions to some of Asia's most sought-after investors for the chance to secure up to S$1 million in grant funding and other exclusive opportunities in a high-stakes showdown at The Liveability Challenge Grand Finale.
*A successful application to The Liveability Challenge is a two-stage application process completed before 11.59pm (GMT+8) on Thursday, 15 April 2021.
Stage 1: Registration
Stage 2: Full submission form
How to enter The Liveability Challenge:
Stage 1: Register your interest
1. Register an account on Submit.com by clicking the blue Apply button on the right hand side of this page.
2. Complete the Registration Form, including the basic details of your project. This is only the first stage of the application process.
Stage 2: Complete your submission
3. Within 48 hours of registration, should your registration be successful, you will receive a follow-up email directing you to a second online form, the Submission Form, asking for more details about your project. This is the second and final stage of the application process.
4. This is a two-stage application process, you are required to complete both the Registration and Submission Forms via Submit.com before 11.59pm (GMT +8) on Thursday, 15 April 2021.
5. You will be informed by 4 May 2021 if you have been selected as a finalist.
Projects must have formulated its technology concept and application, undergone analytical and characteristic proof of concept and value. You have a prototype proven to work in lab and are seeking to test in real world setting. Please refer to our FAQ page for more details on TRL 6 here
2. Solutions should take into account urban, climatic and cultural factors in Singapore and must be applicable to the city, as well as other cities in the tropics.
3. Do note that to be considered for the Grand Prize of up to S$1 million in funding, your project should have or should plan for a pilot project in Singapore.
4. Upon application, entrants agree to commit to the following:
- Standby for a clarification call on submitted proposals during the Shortlisting Sessions with a panel of experts. More details will be released soon.
- Participate in a one-month virtual coaching session with video recordings and refined proposals to prepare for the Grand Finale, with the help of expert coaches and detailed feedback.
- Attend a full-day workshop a day prior to the Grand Finale, to prepare for the pitch, with the help of expert coaches.
- Join The Liveability Challenge Grand Finale on 15 July 2021.
- Make a 7-minute pitch to the judging panel of The Liveability Challenge.
- Answer judges’ questions in a 7-minute Questions & Answers session after their pitch.