The Liveability Challenge is a global platform that hunts for and accelerates the launch of innovative solutions to urban challenges of the 21st century in cities in the tropics. Offering Asia's biggest prize for sustainability solutions, and the only platform seeking ideas for cities in the world's tropical belt, The Liveability Challenge is a key highlight in Singapore's calendar of sustainability events.
Between 14 January and 30 April 2020, the Challenge is calling for solutions that will deliver a breakthrough in Urban Food Production, Circular Packaging, and Decarbonisation. Finalists will pitch their solutions to some of Asia's most sought-after investors for the chance to secure up to S$1 million in funding and other exclusive opportunities in a high-stakes showdown at The Liveability Challenge Grand Finale on 8 July 2020.
How to enter The Liveability Challenge:
1. Register an account on Submit.com by clicking the blue Apply button on the right hand side of this page.
2. Complete the Registration Form, including the basic details of your project. This is the first stage of the application process.
3. Within 48 hours of registration, you will receive a follow-up email directing you to a second online form, the Submission Form, asking for more details about your project. This is the second stage of the process.
4. This is a two-stage application process, you are required to complete both the Registration and Submission Forms via Submit.com before 11.59pm (GMT +8) on Thursday, 30 April 2020.
5. You will be informed by 22 May 2020 if you have been selected as a finalist.
After much consideration, The Liveability Challenge committee has decided to extend our deadline for submissions from 17 April to 30 April 2020 as we recognise that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic are challenging times for everyone.
TRL 6: Projects must have formulated its technology concept and application, undergone analytical and characteristic proof of concept and value. You have a prototype proven to work in lab and are seeking to test in real world setting.
Please refer to our FAQ page for more details on TRL 6 here
2. Solutions should take into account urban, climatic and cultural factors in Singapore and must be applicable to the city, as well as other cities in the tropics.
3. Do note that to be considered for the Grand Prize of up to S$1 million in funding, your project should have or should plan for a pilot project in Singapore.